7 Tips for Pet Travel How to keep your sanity when traveling
1. Pet Passport. Purchase a “UNIVERSAL PET PASSPORT” to record your pet’s vital data and slip it into your pocket or purse. It contains all the information you need to SAFEGUARD your pet is accepted by the ‘Quarantine Public Health Officials.
2. Nervous Pets. If you think your pet may become anxious or noisy when traveling, check with your veterinarian ahead of time. Discuss whether some type of sedative would be helpful for your pet.
3. Pet Booking: When booking your travel be sure to book passage for your pet too. Most planes have a 20 pound weight limit for bringing a pet on board with you. If your pet weighs more than 20 pounds it will travel with the luggage in an airline approved crate.
4. Carry-On: When taking your pet on-board, you will need an airplane approved carrier that fits under the seat in front of you. To make the event go smoothly it helps to give your pet plenty of "practice" ahead of time.
5. Practice: Have your pet travel in your car inside a carrier similar to the one used on the airplane. You can also make their carrier into a day-bed in your home so they will be familiar with sleeping inside. Make a bed by leaving the carrier open and gently encourage them to sleep inside during the day by making it comfortable with blankets. 6. Pet Potty Break: Try to have them go-potty as close to boarding as possible. They will obviously need to do this outside so bring pooper scooper bags. Then prepare for the worst in case your pet has an accident while on the airplane. You may want to bring ziplock bags, wee-wee pads, and clean up supplies in case of a mess.
7. Feeding: Be sure to feed a normal diet the day before and the day of traveling. Stick with plain dog food. Airplanes are dehydrating so avoid constipation with healthy fiber and enough liquids.
CAI Publishing "Home of Celebrity Authors"
Book Publishing, Self-Publishing, Book Publishing Process, Celebrity Publishing, Book Promoting, Literary Research, and How to Write and Publish Your Book
CAI Publishing ~ 807 Black Duck Drive, Suite A ~ Port Orange, FL 32127 ~ PH 386-383-5198 ~ FX 440-306-0649